Saturday 19 November 2011

A Mahrvelous Pahrty!

"Quite for no reason, I'm here for the season and high as a kite,
Living in error with Maude at Cap Ferat which couldn't be right
Everyone's here and frightfully gay, nobody cares what people say
Though the Riviera is really much queerer than Rome at its height
Yesterday night.... I went to a MAH-VEL-OUS party!" [Noel Coward]

It was tonight, it was not the Riviera, I don't think anyone was gay (except me) but it was a marvelous party!

This evening I attended a soiree at the home of The Actress and her husband The Percussionist.  What a wonderful night.  The Percussionist's band played - they are absolutely awesome and I am verging on being their groupie!  One of the premier Australian female jazz singers of our time performed which was such a surprise and an honour.  Fabulous people, excellent food and brilliant entertainment.  I had a wonderful time!

I managed to catch up with The Scientist a bit, which was nice, and I had some fantastic conversations with a couple of other women I met there.  The Boy was going to come but piked out on me fearing he would be the only person in his age group there... He was wrong there were lots of young people, in fact I think the guests ranged from about 2 to in their 70's.

I seem to be getting used to the new meds because my brain has kind of started to work again... I'm thinking about things again after a few days of feeling like the living dead.  Today I spent most of the day in bed, still feeling groggy so I was well rested but I know I will pay tomorrow.

It was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment